Re: Re: Long houses

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:00:32 +0000

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 10:01:36 -0500, "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

>> A sore point, as I sit snowbound in central Scotland, with 5' drifts
>> outside, and the main Edinburgh-Glasgow motorway closed...
>
>I, as a Canadian, have little sympathy for you thin-skinned Scots. =)

Ah, the North-Western colonials, people described by someone who shall remain nameless, but probably also snowbound, as Sled-Dog Worriers...

>Oh, okay. I am not as familiar with wattle and dab or thatch, I fear.
>Orkney and Shetland have one thing in common though -- no trees.

Ah, but how do you think they GOT that way? The islands were once almost entirely forested, until human settlement got the slash-and-burn urge. I'd imagine (in a magic-free Glorantha) that the open land of Sartar would be similar in origins.

Wulf