(OFF COLOR) Heortlings, privacy and nicknames

From: mdawson_at_...
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:53:57 -0000

Hi all,

Given the info in TR about the lack of privacy ("Communiality" pg 30) in heortling steads, it seems likely to me that there's a whole range of nicknames Heortlings will have that we often haven't thought of before.

I know someone had a nickname resource/generator that included things like "boardick" and "the flatulent" but even that isn't all that familiar.

How 'bout some of these:

Opinara Squeaky
Snolf Littledick
Jarotor Purpledick
[most any adjective]dick
Kavalda Longlips
Rasjanath Stands-up-[quick/slow/tall/etc] Andrina Shortride
Gormath Galloper
Enarla Nightscreamer (not what most foreigners would think!) Colkin Comesquick (Ditto)
Barnator Butt-Clincher
Pelena Pinch-Pinch
Lokath Limp One
Orlri On Top
Latanor Lick-Lick
Tathurath Ticklish
Galala Giggles
Harsalt Laugh-and-Point
Hofstath Big One
Elmalenda Big Ones
Vinarta Fill-'er-Up
Azelda Comes-Cursing
Helakin Standing Stone
Maktath Fountain

Man, it would be hard to get a good night's sleep in that stead.

And hey-this gives a whole new meaning to the classic Heortling name "Snorri!"