Re: Long houses

From: bruce_at_...
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:09:01 -0000

> Abandoned steads are often considered haunted. A stead which was
> exterminated might be left to rot ito nothingness with its wyter
still
> present. A wyter might not recognize someone from outside its
community
> as a friend -- especially in a situation like that... and when the
place
> finally rots away, the wyter goes home.

I used this in the background for the neighbouring clan in my game. The clan's founding chief and his retainers were slaughtered in their feasting hall, and the clan fled and never dared return. No-one remembers where Iskan's old feasting hall was now, but it's somewhere in the woods, haunted by the old wyter. Though, back then, I didn't know it was a *wyter*, I thought it was a ghost. ;) Fortunately for the PCs, it seemed to take a liking to them when they visited.

> Clans can be reborn if their regalia is intact -- as was proven in
King
> of Sartar with Argrath's old Clan. I don't see any reason why
steads
> could not be the same.

Funnily enough, in next week's session of my game, the job in hand is going to be finding a safe place to hide the clan regalia in the aftermath of the Dundealos rebellion.
Then, away to Heortland or Prax to hide, sulk and plot terrible revenge against the Lunars.

The *real* adventure with the clan regalia will be getting it back again, of course...

Regards,

Bruce