Re: Glowdown

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 02:53:47 EST

Mikko Rintasaari:

<< > Check the date on my web page: this was written before Hero Wars was
> published. I still find it silly that the Lunars cripple their magic
> within the Glowline. This is not what we encountered in WB&RM/DP or
> in RuneQuest. It is not what I would use as a HW narrator.

 Cripple?? >>

     Relative to the way it used to be, sure.

<< I'll take reliable magic over the fluctuation, thank you. >>

     And (given the choice) I'm sure Lunar magicians would take reliable full moon magic over reliable half moon magic...

<<It makes more sense too. Where would all that extra power come from?>>

      Its magic; it doesn't have to work like physics. Or you can say it comes from the Reaching Moon temples, if you prefer.

<< Balancing the lows with the highs make sense. >>

     It makes no sense to me at all, and I think its one of those areas where we can learn from RQ to improve our HW campaigns (thus making this thread on topic! :-) ). But, of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and what works in my game may not work in yours.

Trotsky