Re: She Who Waits

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 18:33:41 +1100

Mark:

> Glorantha Introduction to the Hero Wars states that the Tarshites
> regard Ernalda as one of the seven Mothers, the She-Who-Waits. Does
> this mean that in Tarsh Ernalda's magics, or perhaps those of a She-
> Who-Waits aspect or subcult of Ernalda, are subject to the Lunar
> cycle?

IMO there are several alternatives, including where a Lunar-identified figure is among Ernalda's companions who accompany her on the Life-Bringers Quest - when they journeyed to hell to free all her lovers - Orlanth, Yelm etc.

So among the various Ernaldan factions you may have:

Ernalda as one of the 7M.
A Lunar goddess/aspect as one of the assistants of Ernalda. Ernalda as Dendara - spouse of Yelm.
Ernalda as essentially Heortling Ernalda, though with a different emphasis on husband-protectors.

Only the first of these might involve magics subject to the Lunar cycle.

I believe this issue might be explored in Mark Galeoti and Simon Brays' forthcoming first issue of The Unspoken Word: Tarsh.

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes

"Imagination is more important than knowledge.  Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein.