Re: Waiting and hoping

From: David Boatright <david.boatright_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:16:00 -0000

KYER, JEFFREY

>But as was mentioned in this list earlier, folks debated which was
>better: Scenarios Now or Background Now. It was thought by
>many,including yourself, IIRC, that Background Now was better.
>Well, thebackground is coming out and now we can move on to
>scenarios, I think. (And then do the Lunars up nice).

But I don't think anybody imagined that it would take a year to get the background out. Its a bit like the Northern Ireland peace process what we voted for and what we got where two different things.

Scenario wise I have a couple of things on the brew. But the way things are structured at the minute it makes it hard to get these finished. Either there is a danger that they are going to be completely contradicted or there isn't the information available. e.g. I could do a couple of Aranwyth based scenarios but is it worth spending any time on background such as bloolines&#92;steads etc as we still have no idea what if any of it is going to be effected in future publications.
Even when the ST and SR are published it is still going to be difficult to produced community based scenarios because of the clan generator. This is a _wonderful_ tool for players and Narrators  campaign but it makes it difficult for people trying to produce scenarios to promote the game.
Using existing material e.g. TR is also problematic as a large chunks of it was made obsolete by one small boxed paragraph stating that Orlanth was banned.

The bottom line is we have been asked to produce scenarios to promote HW with little or no guidance while the majority of those with the information, at their fingertips, have remained silent.