Re: Waiting and hoping

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 15:10:08 -0000

David Boatright wrote:

> I could do a couple of Aranwyth based scenarios but is it
> worth spending any time on background such as bloolines\steads
> etc as we still have no idea what if any of it is going to be
> effected in future publications.

I'd love to see you post your Aranwyth based scenarios - go for it. Contradiction is always a danger, and one I risked when I sent in a scenario for the web site. But I don't think it affects the value of having this material - many narrators will need to adjust any scenario I submit to fit in with their own games anyway - adjusting it for contradictions with official material is not much more of a chore.

> Even when the ST and SR are published it is still going to be
> difficult to produced community based scenarios because of the
> clan generator.

Well alernatively make your episode as generic as possible - Your Clan, Their Clan - sure narrators have to do some work to fit it into their own games, but your submission could be a real aid. Even if they cannot use it as is - they may get ideas from it.

And don't forget there are only so many people involved. Submit enough high quality material on the Aranwyth and David Boatright's Aranwyth will be The Aranwyth write up as far as the on-line community is concerned. Stake your claim!

> The bottom line is we have been asked to produce scenarios to
> promote HW with little or no guidance while the majority of those
> with the information, at their fingertips, have remained silent.

I did not find this a problem - there is nothing special about me - anyone can do this - just try.

Ian