Re: More Niggling Questions

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 15:45:11 -0500

rmv1_at_... wrote:

> Still reading Thunder Rebels, I noted a typo: what is the name of
> Andrin Lawspeaker's affinity, Clan Law (as it says) or Heortling Law
> (implied by his Secret)?

Clan Law. Andrin is the lawspeaker for what is right in your clan (or by extension, tribe). He's not too interested in what's legal in some other clan's tula. They are all weirdos and have different laws that are just strange and probably wrong. Dealing with -conflicting- laws, that is the essence of Jarani Lawstaff's job.

> I also note (as an old-time RQ guy) that only two of the old-style
> "Magic Weapon" subcults have been mentioned: Desemborth the Thief

Not necessarily. These are more active CULTS of Orlanth who happen to include the 4 magic weapons in their mythology (Afterall, someone had to get them in the first place)

> of Huraya and the Shield of Arran. Should I wait for the Storm Tribe
> book to come out, or should I come up with my own versions for my
> game?

The writeup of the Four Magic Weapon subcult of Orlanth was cut due to page count. I think it will be either in Storm Tribe (perhaps attached to Vinga's cult?) or put on the Issareis website. But in essence, the cult provided four stand alone feats (and you've named them, BTW). Any Orlanthi could join this subcult without worrying about Aspect and it was a flat 10% time.

There are also apparently a set of heroquests associated with these that let you get your hands on the 'real' item but that's beyond the scope of this reply... =)

Hope this helps,

Jeff