Glorantha: The Movie

From: rmv1_at_...
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 01:17:19 -0000

My friend Mitch and I were having dinner a little while ago, and I hit upon a scheme. It seems that anyone with half a brain can get money out of Hollywood to produce a movie nowadays. All kinds of schlock is coming out; much of it fails miserably at the box office. Nevertheless, some movies with few prospects get tens of millions in funding.

How about a Glorantha movie? Say, we get thirty million in funding, most of which goes into the movie itself, but maybe seven million is funnelled into Issaries Inc. for a variety of reasons: Creative Consultant - Greg Stafford; Assistants to Mr. Stafford (the Heroes from the GTA); Research; Casting Consultant; etc. Even if the movie ends up stinking because of the producers' demands, we still see maybe a dozen new books. Huh? Huh? What do you think? Will they buy it?

Roland

("Okay, Mr. Stafford, the producers have returned the script with the rewrites; the action has been moved from Sartar to New York City, Jar-Eel the Razoress is now called Sailor Red Moon, and the Red Moon itself is now a red-and-white sphere that pops open in the middle of the Hero Wars and releases the Crimson Bat. Hello? Mr. Stafford? Are you still there?")