Re: Glorantha: The Movie

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:56:49 +1000

In the distant, nostalgic days of high RQ 2, there was a script produced for 'Runequest: The Movie', of which several copies have been auctioned off at cons. Its best described as 'reflecting its day'. Though some of the characters were distinctly Glorathan - a dragonewt, an elfy-adryami lassthe  background was fairly 'generic fantasy' (i.e. DnDish).

This topic surfaces from time to time on the Gloranthan Digest. Consensus seems to be that it would best be done as a anime - think Princess Monukume (sp?) or Ninja Scroll. Given the limitations of the DnD movie, this seems doubly wise. :)

My own dream for Issaries cracking pop culture wide open is an individual/ band level real time computer roleplaying game reflecting life in Sartar during the Lunar invasion. Think what of what could be done with all this gorgeous background and story even on a standard rp engine like Diablo. Barring the Sultan of Brunei joining the GTA, I'd also be happy with a new Issaries supplement every three months or so for the next ten years. And THAT is certainly achievable.

Raise the Tribe...

John