Re: Glorantha: The Movie

From: reinierd_at_...
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 10:27:40 -0000

I know this topic has come up before and I apologize for harping on it again, but my mind refuses to accept that Glorantha has not proved licensable to the likes of Diablo/Baldurs Gate/and Their Proliferating Imitators. Sheesh, the setting alone would blow those games away. You could even (please don't nuke me for this suggestion) make a go of the setting within - ack - <wince> a computer DnD rules system. There, I've said it. Look, it's only meant as a way to get broader appeal, OK? I love the HW rules, but at the end of the day when I play one of the PC RPGs I don't pay much attention to the rules system but to the story. Glorantha has plenty of that.

I used to cover the computer/video games industry as a stock analyst and know their products well. They seem to suffer from Not Invented Here syndrome when it comes to RPGs, but they are far, far behind pen and paper in their development. Maybe some of us could convince them not to reinvent the wheel?

In any case, the current output from Issaries and the fan base is great. It just deserves more recognition.