Re: Praise and a few questions

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 11:42:11 -0000

Graham Robinson wrote:

> The Lunars tend to only commit attrocities during rebellions.

And, of course, during the initial invasion and conquest.

But I do agree with Graham's perspective. Although *some* of the occupying troops and officials are obviously going to be brutal despoiling types (including both Tarshite Provincials and Imperial Heartlanders), I don't think there's a centrally-directed policy of "an atrocity a week, to keep the barbarians unhappy."

And some Lunars in Dragon Pass will be outraged at abuses blackening the good name of the Empire -- think what the Coders would have had to say about Governor Euglyptus, if they'd been in town at the time!

Cheers, Nick

PS: "the Coders" were a crack team of virtuous Lunar secret agents in old RuneQuest products. For a description of their leader, Count Julan -- who is *not* an atrocity-committing type -- see:

http://www.glorantha.com/library/eurmal/personalities-julan.html