RE: Why should barbarians get all the poetry....

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 13:04:52 -0000

> In protest at the Orlanthi-centric attitudes of the
> songs posted, I
> decided to throw another Lunar poem at you. This one was
> supposed to be a
> pastiche of Catullus's rather famous poem, but it sort of got
> away from
> me....

Well, rebel songs are generally more striking than patriotic ones, with some exceptions. But also, I think we are Orlanthi-centric at the moment because that is the majority of the materiel to hand - I am looking forward to the Lunar books becuase I am really interested in how the empire is composed - sod this orlanthi "free as the wind" malarkey, I want civil society and a decent bath :) Peerhaps whent he Lunar books emerg4e, Lunar sympathisers will have more material to relate the psychology of the empire too;l at the moment they are the Big Bad Oppressors, and it's difficult to find music or poetry that glorifies the role of conqueror and persecutor. Of course the Lunars themselves are the heirs of a kind of Renaissance, and I'm sure that in their view their actions are whiter than white...