Re: Praise and a few questions

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 13:46:54 -0000

Gareth asked:

> Incidenatlly, does anyone feel that there are any analogies (dodgy
> though they always are) between the Lunars and the spread of Islam?

I certainly do. And while analogies can be dodgy, they can also be extremely useful. Much more on Lunar analogies at:

http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/Moonie/seminar.htm http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/Moonie/exchange.htm#cultures

We find Graeco-Roman Hellenistic Islamic Byzantine Soviet Englishmen work well as a cultural template for Lunars. I tend to chuck in gobs of French Revolutionary and Dune chic to suit my own personal taste. Not forgetting splashes of "1984" Ingsoc. But that's just me.

Cheers, Nick