Re: Re: analogies

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 09:44:57 -0500

Nick_at_... wrote:

> Bryan wrote:
>
> > Are there any analogies? Sure. Are they especially strong? I
> > wouldn't say so. Islam seemed to catch fire in newly converted
> > regions, spreading much like a wildfire with each new region
> > providing the fuel to power the flame to spread further. Lunar
> > religion doesn't seem to generally be accepted as easily,
>
> Check out the history of the Zero Wane, at:

ZeroWane or ZeroWing? All Your Stead Are Belong To Us.

> Though in deference to Jeff, I think maybe this thread should move to
> the Glorantha Digest. Jeff is nervous of analogies, unless they are
> Roman ones... :-)

I'm just wary of religous analogy as it has a tendency to blow up....

But hey, SPQR sounds like a good RPG name to me.

But then I work in a computer lab with a Croat refugee AND a Serb refugee who sit within 3 metres of each other. Guess who's sitting in the middle?

Jeff