Re: Praise and a few questions

From: David Boatright <david.boatright_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 15:43:23 -0000

 bethexton_at_...

>If killing a tribal king didn't provoke outright rebellion, for sure
>the memory of it would last and be immortalized in story and
>poem, and would make rebellion much, much, more likely in the
>future. Mind you, I think by far the likeliest thing the lunars could
>do would be to ratchet up the taxes on the tribe involved even
>higher, until the tribe replaced the king with one more willing to
>cooperate with the lunars.

To me actually killing the Tribal king isn't the point its to see if the guy caves to the threat. At the same time secretly grooming someone to take his place first would probably be a good idea. So threaten the Tribal king if he gives in its a win for the Empire. If dosn't win judge the chances of getting your guy in. If they are good then dupe someone else into killing the current king. If that does doesn't work move to plan C.