Re: analogies

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:58:33 EST

Jeff Zahari:

<< Though I argued for the Muslim thing, I would actually say in practice that the Empire's polytheistic style makes it distinct from a monotheistic culture such as Islam. >>

     Yeah, Islam is a better analogy for the West than for the Empire, IMO. Not that there aren't Islamic/middle eastern parallels amongst the Lunars, too of course. But looking at Islam and Judaism helps us keep clear of the Malkionism=Christianity rut that we might otherwise fall into. I've used inspiration from a number of monotheist sects and religions (including Christianity, of course) when writing Sorcerer Knights, for just that reason.

Trotsky