RE: The Dundealos

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 14:49:56 -0000

On Sunday, March 11, 2001 10:35 AM, Gianfranco Geroldi [SMTP:janjero_at_...] wrote:
> I think that the Lunars committed a strategic mistake by exiling the
> remnants of Dundealos in Prax, a region bordering Sartar. Who is responsible
> for this bad choice? It seems the best way to encourage rebellion in Prax.
> Send them in the Redlands or in Skathilands and let's see whoever will hear
> a single moan from them...

The Lunars didn't exile them there. A significant number of the Dundealos fled there of their own accord to join their distant kin (Derik Poljoni was a member of the Dundealos tribe). The fate of the Dundealos was:

About a third of them killed in battle or executed. About a third of them fled (IMG, some to Heortland, some to join their Poljoni kin)
The rest stayed and were forced to take up the Lunar Way. The Lunar authorities moved in lots of settlers to make up the numbers, established a puppet king and they became the Enstalos.

Regards,

Bruce