RE: Re: The Dundealos - Timing

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:19:49 -0000

On Monday, March 12, 2001 4:19 AM, Mike Dawson [SMTP:mdawson_at_...] wrote:
> On a more concrete level, can anyone clue me in on the "official" chronology
> of the Destruction of the Dundelalos?
>
> When does the tax collector show up? How long is he there before he gets into
> trouble? How fast is the Lunar response?

AFAIK, there's nothing been published that pins it down to anything closer than sometime in 1618.

I've spent the last year running a campaign that deals with the Dundealos tribe, though, so I've made up a lot of details myself. IMG, at least, the tax collector was around from 1617. I wanted to develop him as an ongoing character and a thorn in the heroes' sides.

He was killed early in Earth Season 1618, by a Vingan warrior - Sovah Storm Dancer. The Lunar response was swift but a little overconfident. They gathered together whatever troops were quickly available to deal with the rebels. This force was (surprisingly) defeated in battle late in Earth Season.

The Lunars moved more, better trained and equipped, troops into the area. The final battle was in Dark Season (yes, I know it's far from a normal time for battle, but these were exceptional times, and I liked the resonance of having the tribe battle for their very existence in the snow and ice; at the darkest time of the year came the darkest time for the Dundealos). It took place at the Brothers' Muster, a holy site in the Dundealos lands. The Dundealos forces were hammered, despite the heroic deeds of a few individuals, and the Lunars spent Storm Season 1618 consolidating their dominance.

Not a single clan chief survived the rebellion.

A few refugees from the Dundealos could be in Prax as soon as late Earth Season 1618. They'll start appearing in large numbers by Dark Season and, particularly, Storm Season.

New settlers will be moving into the former Dundealos lands, beginning in Sea Season 1619, to form the Enstalos tribe under a puppet king.

As I say, none of this is official. But I hope it helps.

Regards,

Bruce