Re: How big is a Tula

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:59:52 -0000

Jarec wrote:

> I would definitely recomend going with the figures from the clan
> generator as being much more realistic.

My figures that I posted a while back agree with the tula calculations from the clan generator:

<<1 hide = 120 acres = 0.4858 kmsq
240 hides productive land is 116.60 kmsq = approx 11 * 11 km - which accroding to the clan generator includes hunting land.

Now a Km is 5/8 of a mile so rounding a lot lets say 6.5 miles * 6.5 miles. Somebody once figured this as about the size of a DP hex.>>

However, Ialso noted that there is no room here for waste (esp. in hill country not all your land will be usable) or buffer zones between clans. I think that 15*25 mile in TR probably represents max size, but also that 6.5 *6.5 represents minumum. A tula will fall somewhere in between.

Ian