Gloranthan Classics, Paypal, My website, and Convulsion 2002

From: Meints, Richard (R.J.) <"Meints,>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:36:49 -0500

Hello everyone,

After months of slow progress, all manner of news:

Gloranthan Classics Update:
Firstly, a little background for those of you who don't know what a "Gloranthan Classic" book is. Moon Design (Colin Phillips and Rick Meints) has obtained the license to reprint all of the Chaosium original RQ2 supplements. Each will contain all of the original text. The information has not been changed or updated to reflect RQ3, Pendragon Pass or Hero Wars, although we did clean up a lot of the original spelling mistakes. Also, we have brought the layout into the 21st century, and added a lot of new artwork to make each book more visual. The only thing that is hard to fit into a book is a large map, so those have been reduced to full page size. The books are available in hardcover and softcover. The first two volumes in the series are:

Volume I - Pavis & Big Rubble
More softcovers will soon be winding their way back to me and into shops, at least the shops that Esdevium and Wizard's Attic distribute to. I still have a handful of the hardcovers left.
PRICE: Hardcover UK £45 (US $70), Softcover UK £30 (US $45). Price includes shipping.

Volume II - Griffin Mountain
Yes, all 256 pages of it are off to the printers this week. The hardcover and softcover versions will both be available from the outset. Some of the new stuff we've added include some magazine articles about Balazaring clans written by Rudy and Paul, a large section on running Gloranthan campaigns by Greg Stafford, and several pages of designer's notes. We even added in a few of the new bits that were in Griffin Island, like Granny Keeneye, the maps of the major Inns in the three Citadels, and some of the player handouts. PRICE: Hardcover UK £40 (US $60), Softcover UK £25 (US $40). Price includes shipping.

How can you order them?
You can advance order Griffin Mountain. That way you are guaranteed a copy of the book. I should be able to ship them out by April 17th, if not earlier, depending on when I get it delivered from the printers. Pavis & Big Rubble I can ship today. Payment can be in US Dollars or UK Pounds. If you want to pay in UK Pounds, I can accept payment by cheque or postal money order. If you want to pay in US Dollars, I can accept money orders or electronically via Paypal. My email for Paypal payments is RJMeints_at_...

SPECIAL DEAL IF YOU ORDER BOTH VOL. I & II SOFTCOVER BOOKS: Get a Pavis & Big Rubble Softcover and a Griffin Mountain Softcover for the combo price of £50 or $75. I'll have to ship both books together, so that means you'd have to wait until Griffin Mountain comes back from the printers to receive them. This deal is not available to those wonderful people who purchased Pavis & Big Rubble previously.

What's all this about Paypal?
Please feel free to check out their website: http://www.paypal.com to find out more, but here are the basics. They allow you to create an account to send money to other people with paypal accounts (like me). All you really need is an email address and a credit card (or similar). International customers are welcome, so this is a great way for people who want to pay in other currencies (Marks, Francs, Yen, Zlotties) to send payment. There is NO fee for sending money (I get charged a little, but that's my problem).

What comes after Volume II ?
Volume III, naturally. Nothing is 100% certain, but Borderlands, a Cults Compendium, and more are in the works. Please don't pester us about them. If we had a timetable with dates for when they will be ready we would have published it. Nuff said for now. We will make an announcement when we have more info.

Website Updates
I've updated my personal website: http://www.glorantha.co.uk with a variety of information, including a new Reaching Moon Megacorp price list, a new list of used original RQ2 items for sale and some Convulsion 2002 convention info. Please check it out.

Lastly, a word or two on Convulsion 2002. The five organisers from C2K have all signed up again to run the next one. Please feel free to email us with suggestions or an offer to volunteer. Please email Convulsion_at_glorantha.co.uk

That's all for now. Thanks for your time and support,

Rick Meints