Subject: Malkioni conversion

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:40:16 +0000

> From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
> My discussion with Mr. Robertson and Mr. Metcalfe raises the issue
>-- how
>much do Malkioni care about conversions? Is there an active attempt (e.g.
>through threat) to get unbelievers to join (as in much of medieval
>Christianity)? Some attempt (e.g. through privilege) to get unbelievers to
>join (as in much of medieval Islam)? No attempt or active discouraging (as
>in Judaism)? I suspect the answer varies from sect to sect, but could we
>have a brief overview if there are broad classes (i.e. the Rokari, as a
>whole, think x). Thanks, as always.
>
>Peter Larsen

This is mostly guesswork, but ...

... we know the Brithini don't convert others. I'd expect a rough range from Brithini through Rokari, Hrestoli and Henotheists from anti- to proconversion  (with a few oddball sects who do or don't convert mixed in).

Add to this mix the effects of the Syndic's Ban. Cut off societies may believe in conversion but have lost the sects or skills that practice it, while very mixed societies (Safelster city states) might be perpetually competing for converts.

Thom