Re: Re: Re: The Dundealos

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <janjero_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:55:13 +0100

Jonas:
I don't think it would be just one band of refugees, there would be many small groups setting off in almost as many directions. Splitting the strike force to pursue all of these ragtag escapees wouldn't seem worth the effort to the lunar command.

I think that small groups in many directions is not likely. Look at the great retreats in history (from the Anabasis to the Russian Napoleonic and German campaigns or the Africans CNN-documented war-driven migrations): people in retreat from a war tend to form a mob. They are afraid and vulnerable. Small groups are guerrilla tactics that require training, coordination and a plan, not attributes that a civil population usually possess.

YGMV, of course, I'm just expressing the most usual outcome of an ethnic or epic purge.

Ciao
Gian