Re: Malkioni conversion

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 00:40:24 +1300

At 00:03 16/03/01 +0000, you wrote:

>I don't really see the Rokari making much effort to convert pagans,
>since change isn't part of their theology, and anyway they aint got
>many pagans on their boarders.

While the Rokari abhor the changing of caste, it's a stretch to infer they do not like any change. AFAIK they are as intensely interested as any other Malkioni in making sure that everybody worships God in the correct manner (their own). They are engaged in the conquest of Safelster (while the Safelstrans not technically pagans, they are damnable heretics nevertheless) for this purpose.

>The real hotbed of evangelism though will be Salfester. It's probably
>hard to move without someone explaining the virtues of their church to
>you.

IMO I ascribe this to the Arkat the Saviour sects who engage in doorknocking and other forms of obnoxious proselytizing (other Arkati cults are more choosy and secretive about who they recruit). Many cities persecute them because their Arkat myth is "heretical" (ie it conflicts with the myths of the reigning Arkati) while in Saviour cities, participation in the Arkati rites is mandatory to prevent Gbaji from tainting the city. Not turning up to Church can lead to difficulties...

--Peter Metcalfe