Re: Windmills

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:21:06 -0000

Mark wrote:

> Remember the What My Father Told Me section of the old Glorantha:
> Genertela, Crucible of the Hero Wars supplement, "Every man plows,
or
> wishes to, or works for those that do. Even Orlanth plows." Farm
work
> isn't seen as dishonorable by the Orlanthi.

True there is probably nothing wrong with a wind doing agricultural work, for Orlanth did too. But the point here might be 'no one can make you do anything'. If you enslave a wind to do your bidding, binding him to your windmill, you take away his freedom and make a thrall of him. A 'free-farmer' wind (i.e. relying on the weather): OK, a 'thrall' wind (i.e bound by a priest): less likely.

Ian