Re: [HeroWars]Ducks, Duck and....More Ducks

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:43:47 +0000

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:15:26 EST, kmnellist_at_... wrote:

><< Personally, I refuse to be offended by art. Were it not for the fact
> that the picture discussion is displacing my beloved windmill thread,
> I wouldn't have felt it necessary to say anything at all.
>
> Roland
> >>

>I am personally more interested in bikini clad ducks than windmills.

How about bikini-clad windmills?

>That
>said, I do prefer the Anaxial 'realistic' duck to the Donald Duck style Duck.

I prefer it theoretically, but when I think 'Duck' I think Donald... It's the outsized backsides, they just HAVE to stick out...

>Other duck styles not mentions might include the Wallace and Grommit villian
>from the Wrong Trousers

That wasn't a duck, it was a chicken. erm... well, it was a penguin with a rubber glove on it's head... HOWEVER... thinking Wallace and Grommet makes me think Chicken Run (one of the Finest Movies of Our Time), and the eponymous chickens... and THOSE I can stick a duck's beak and webbed feet on, and believe...

>Delecti as a Cut&Stitch creation. This appeals to the gruesome side of me and
>can reduce the cartoon/silly associations. I actually makes them quite scary.

Yes, makes the Humakti/Death ducks more reasonable...

>I generally like most fantasy art cliches about semi nude warrior women
>EXCEPT high heels.

>semi-nudity is fine, the posing isfine and the lack of armour is seen in both
>sexes. I own a copy of the Macho Women With Guns RPG.

And the supplements? Or just the amalgamated second edition (latecomer...)? I generally agree, high heels are pointless (ouch...), chainmail bikinis would chafe too much, but generally speaking I see no more problem with semi-clad (or, more realistically, tightly-clad) females than with the usual half-naked male barbarian. It makes the woad easier to apply...

Mind you, I always preferred the 25mm figurines sculpted by Julie Guthrie... fully-clad, often armoured, but still sexy... and anatomically possible!

Wulf