Re: Lost Legions

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:28:52 -0000

Gareth wrote:

> I have a feeling there may be other [books by Rosemary Sutcliffe].

There are. Loads!

> Anyone know if there are any "lost legions", with vexilla, that
> might fit the part?

Something horrible happened to a Lunar force, lost in the Ghost Gors of Far Point, if memory of QuestLines serves. Peter Metcalfe's Dragon Pass timeline (http://www.voyager.co.nz/~metcalph/draghist.html) says, in summary:

     1607 ST -- 3000 lunar infantry killed at Ghost Gors trapped
     in the forest during Darkseason and harassed by Orlanthi.

John Hughes will know more, and I hope he'll tell us (if he can be torn away from "Duck Fornicators...")

Cheers, Nick