Re: Re: Re: Pics

From: Jeffrey Zahari <jeff_zahari_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 00:42:15 +1100

> > FWIW Greg wanted the Glorantha: Intro to appeal to 16+ year olds.
> >
> > My reaction? "So more sex and violence then?"

'Sex and violence' doesn't automatically imply Penthouse pets in lycra chainmail. Plenty of sex and violence in eg 'The Iliad', 'The Cattle Raid of Cooley', various Norse sagas, "The Mahabharata', the Bible etc. However, I'll certainly agree that the average 16-year old thinks a legend is Michael Jordan, and that barbarian=Conan.

RQ always seemed to be uncertain about its chosen path. On the one hand we had Harrek's cute little loincloth; on the other we had a game system which encouraged people to bury themselves in layers of padding and chain--not very sexy. At least HW has made armour more of a style issue.