Re: Re: Pics [was Re: Why should barbarians get all the poetry..

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 06:01:40 -0800 (PST)

> Does a couple of bits of minor cheesecake buried inside a book really put off
> potential buyers ? Factual comments rather than opinions would be of
> interest.

Well, I don't have any "facts" to back me up, but I have read letters from female gamers in several magazines over the years that indicate that they'd prefer that women be dressed more appropriately. I've also read some that indicate just the opposite, so I don't know what to believe these days.

I do believe that cheesecake (and beefcake, for those so inclined) have a definite place in fantasy gaming illustrations, but I'd just as soon see women dressed in armor that makes sense. There has been such a glut of steel bikinis in fantasy in general, that it might attract a few more women to HW if they saw that it wasn't just the same old adolescent erotic crap as all those other games seem to be. Just my 2 clacks.

Guy

Guy Hoyle
Webmaster, http://uncommoncon.com, http://www.hawkwood.org

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson

Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/