RE: Re: Pics

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:46:40 -0000

> >The fact that we refer to is as cheesecake, rather than art?
>
> That's not a definition that excludes cheesecake from being art.

Well, if the artist points to it and calls it art, we more or less have to treat it as art. You cannot EXCLUDE anything from the category: Art. But if cheesecake and art are inistinguishable, why do we have separate words? Clearly, our culture does recognise a distinction.

> publication. But arguing that the picture of the Selvan
> Harana cultist is not art because of the content of Big

If I wanted to buy cheesecake, there is an easy and well known way to get it - top shelf magazines.
I don't buy RPG products for this purpose - strangely, I buy them for RPG purposes. Being subjected to other peoples foot fetishes is not high on my list of things to do when I walk in to my local RPG store.