Re: Don Quixote

From: rmv1_at_...
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:01:05 -0000

[Chris Lemens waxes creative on Don Quixote.]
> If you really want a Don Quixote character, I'd make him a Western
> knight intent on proving that there is no such thing as Orlanth.
This is a fantastically good idea!

> I'd say he starts in southern Heortland (working for . . . what
> was the Malkioni king's name? . . . Richard?) and moves north (as a
> mercenary for the Lunars).

I'd probably make him a Carmanian knight starting in the north, since otherwise he might start with Old Wind Temple:

Large, metal-armored man on a large, metal-barded horse waving around a metal-shod lightning rod, attacking a temple to the Storm Lord...

> Of course, if you use this idea, your ducks are probably Donald-ish.
Sancho Panza as a durulz Orlanthi former-slave, freed by his mad Carmanian buyer...

My players will get a kick out of this. Unfortuantely, Leonardo the Scientist seems to have turned many people off to this kind of 'anachronism.' (Maybe 'anamythism' would be a better word?)

Roland