Re: Don Quixote

From: janjero_at_...
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:12:22 -0000

> > Of course, if you use this idea, your ducks are probably Donald-
ish.
> Sancho Panza as a durulz Orlanthi former-slave, freed by his mad
> Carmanian buyer...

Great idea. I will use it soonest.

> My players will get a kick out of this. Unfortuantely, Leonardo the
> Scientist seems to have turned many people off to this kind
> of 'anachronism.' (Maybe 'anamythism' would be a better word?)

Why? I made my players meet an Emilio from Seshnela in Teshnos who is the Gloranthan counterpart of Emilio Salgari, an Italian writer. I made them meet Daz Regan who is a charming Melib ambassador. Some years ago, they even made such a mess, that with a boom from the sky a real Space Shuttle crashed in the Stormwalk Mountains. An astronaut survived the crash and has become a player hero. He is black, he is an engineer, he walks around in his astronaut armor (very good to keep fire magic off) and name is John Deckard. He hasn't met any replicant so far.

Ciao,
Gian