Millstones

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:14:52 gmt

Delurking briefly from work, with no access to the relevant books: I seem to remember the wife of one of the Princes of Sartar being called Sorana Millstone. She apparently reduced the millers work by some considerable amount. She was of the Wintertop Tribe, and was much loved by her people.

I expect some of the details here have been mis-remembered, but a link between earth magic and mill-stones is definitely implied. I'd always seen grinding corn between stones as being a Maran Gor-related task myself: destruction in the service of life, using rock for the purpose. No doubt TR (which I still don't have) now has a more suitable sub-cult for the purpose.