Re: Heortling Mills

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:29:57 -0000

I definately agree with this! Heck, you don't even need to grate rocks, just spin, giving visible truth to the winds motion and power-- something like how they use kites. Also little whirligig, pinwheel, whateveryoucallthem kids toys that you can hold in your hand.

> Can the Lunars afford to cut down the windmills? Afer all they may
> well be cenetered amidst those clans that do the most to supply the
> garrison with food?

I was just wondering the same thing. I could see the lunars making virtue out of necessity and claiming that windmills are OK because they are chaining the wind and putting it to work.

Then again, they could always just bring in more slaves, use some of those oxen they accumulate in taxes, or use nasty lunar magic to whip the local stream daimiones until they let them build big water mill complexes.

--Bryan