Re: Windmills

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:44:58 -0000

Bryan wrote:

> Aha, then it is clear, the windmill should be run by a Harst
cultist!

Yes. Harst should definitely be one of the key figures in running the clan windmill. Harst may be the closest thing to a 'miller'. I'm always in favour of aplying Occam's razor and giving our existong aspects and subcults more depth than inventing new ones.

The clan-based nature of Heortling organisation makes these projects much more practical- you will be using the mill to grind the clan's food supply and you will pay for the costs from the taxes paid to the clan (as there is no currency such 'public projects' are often the most practical means of taxation). I don't think a windmill would be beyond a clan - however it has t compete with all the oher projects - pallisade walls, temples etc. It is a question of the clan's needs and priorities.

> In all honesty, I think that there need not be a sub-cult of
>orlanth for millers.

Agreed I think that the existing subcults would be able to handle a windmill. Jane Williams comment on the Maran connection with the millstones was very good, the active principal of the earth grinding the seed - I like it a lot so much so I favor that now over Hedkoranth. I still see Thunderous associated with the sails, and Orstan the building, and yes now Harst the administration.

Ian Cooper