Re: Rainbow Mounds

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 01:36:24 -0000

Well, the Great Lizard is a bit of a handful for newtlings. I think the Ghost is a bit less of a trouble. Have they met the little green guys yet? If not, you have all the options you could wish!

> >.... oter than the Humakti who was busy chopping up the
> > Spirits with his Ghost Slaying Sword 13
>
> Ah, now there's an idea. They need one of those. Maybe Whiteeye's
got
> one? With some condition on it that it can only be used by Orlanthi?
> In fact... there's a broken sword as part of the bits they find in

Sure. YOU are the narrator. Perhaps someone went in with the express purpose of whacking the spirits -- and died under teeth of rock-lizards.

> the first few tunnels. Maybe if they fix that, they can find it's a
> Magic Sword? Spirit in one of those gems in the hilt? One of the PCs
> is a bronze-smith by trade, so he should be able to fix a sword.

Or its just a 'Ghost Cutting Sword' -- possibly forged by someone from the Goodsword clan. Gustbrann smiths can do amazing things, they say. And the Humakti ones as well -- though they are more... focused.

> But on the shape-change thing, scenario he say:
> "Those unfortunates transformed by either the Great Newt spirit or
the
> ghosts of the Old One will still remain trapped in these forms.
> Undoing these powerful, god-inspired transformations will require
> exotic, powerful magic or heroquesting. Either of these options is
> left to the Narrator to determine. "
>
> eerrmm.. maybe the Great Newt can do it?

Only if you ask him nice!

Who Seeeks the Greeaaaaaaat aaaand Powwwwwerrrrful Newwwwwwt?

(Ignore the man behind the curtain)

> Maybe they need to visit someone who really understands
> shape-changing: the Telmori?

Probably not. The newts live next door and have had to put up with this bad neighbor since before Time began. They'd probably have some solution. Afterall, you're the narrator.

> Maybe one of the Sartar dynasty, the line of the Changer, can help?
> (Current date is 1598, so this isn't as hard as it sounds).

Hmmm. No need to get so esoteric, I think? Unless you want to, of course.

Jeff