Re: Heroquest opponents

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 22:20:42 +0100

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 15:30:56 EST, richstella_at_... wrote:

>What happens if you're re-enacting the little known "Orlanth steals underwear
>from Mostal" myth? The Orlanthi may have powerful myths of this event but to
>the dwarfs this is just a story used as an analogy in training new dwarfs for
>the underwear protection detail. They would never think of performing a
>theistic heroquest so who provides the opposition?

I'va also been a bit stuck with this problem, I wanted to include FHQ in a HQ, but ... she's Animist, isn't she? What happens when a theistic HQ includes Animistic or Sorcerous opponents?

Realistically, I have no intention of having the PC actually face the FHQ (I doubt they'd stand a hope in hell of beating her at anything relevant), so I'd just use a stand-in with an appropriate ability rating for the PCs. But can such a mix of theist/animist even take place?

Wulf