RE: slave exports

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:20:51 +0100

Hiya,

I was rereading chunks of the Lunar section of the weekend, and I noticed something I wanted to ask about. It mentions that Lunars have no "traditional rights to anothers labour" although I'm not sure exactly what this is meant to indicate, since they clearly do have the normal exchange-of-labour industries, IIRC. Anyway, the text mentions that this has triggered the re-growth of the slave industry. Does this suggest that fairly large numbers of slaves are being rounded up from their most recent territorial acquisition, Sartar. While reading an account of Ceasar vs the Celts recently, the book mentioned that many slave traders followed the legions to ship off slaves as and when Ceasar defeated them - sometimes whole tribes.

Is there an equivalent operation a toive in Sartar? Could the Dundealo or others have gone this way?