Re: Re: carrion birds

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:38:16 -0800

> > Do carrion birds have an association with Humakt? Specifically
> crows and
> > ravens?

A Storm Tribe excerpt:
"Humakt is present in every weapon (especially the swords of his worshippers) and in every oath taken. He is followed by wolves, ravens, and eagles, which are the scavengers of the battlefield."

Other peoples probably add things like Pigs (yes, they scavanged battlefields), Dogs, Vultures, Crows, widows...

> Ravens also have associations with the Trickster. Either case, they
> generally a bad omen.

Not to me - I love 'em. I named out house Ravenhaven for the pair that live here.

RR