Re: Re: carrion birds

From: Osentalka_at_...
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:52:10 EST

Hello Friends,

>> Do carrion birds have an association with Humakt? Specifically >> crows and ravens?

> Ravens do. I vaugely remember that they could be the allied spirits in
> some rare instances in the past. (I could be wrong on that!). But the
> battle field raven is a good associate for the Lord of Death.
>
> And a Raven on his war-banner is also appropriate (a-la KODP)
>
> Ravens also have associations with the Trickster. Either case, they
> generally a bad omen.

I assume that the Raven is a sign for death.

You can read it two ways:
1. Eurmal was carrying death (Humakt) for a while and killed Grandfather Mortal/Havan Vor with it.

2. Humakt himself is death and killed Grandfather Mortal/Havan Vor because he was tricked by Eurmal.

Both cases are the same truth, told in two different styles (by two different clans?).

Cheers

André