Re: Mahome

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:51:03 +1200

Mikko wrote:

>Orlanth & Ernalda adopted deities from many realms, and I see no reason
>why the benevolent _fire_ diety Mahome is reduced to an aspect of
>Ernalda.

I've never seen much sign of Mahome being an major deity before. Everything I saw had her as a mere lowfire to such an extent that even Waha worshippers had her magics (and Waha is even less of a fire god).

>Sure the big E is a great God, but she is no fire diety.

I don't see what the problem is. Ernalda also shares Skovara with Donandar while Orlanth shares Harst with Issaries, Mastakos with Magasta, Drogarsi with Donandar, Nisikis with Yinkin and so forth.

--Peter Metcalfe