Re: World changing heroquests

From: jarec_at_...
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 07:56:48 -0000

Hi Greg,

> Steve Marsh's favorite was to get thumbs for Morokanth.
> These are theoretically possible, but nearly impossible to actually
execute
> so that the results come out as you would intend them to.
> It is much easier to perform a personl version to create a single
exception
> to things, so you MOrokanth could have thumbs. But to change
something like
> eliminating Thed has cosmic consequences.

Sounds a bit like the phantom limbs amputees sometimes report feeling. That would really annoy the Morokanth after awhile.

I have often wondered if any cults have myths about HeroQuests that went wrong and made things worse that they actively try to cover up. I know Orlanth goofed a few times and then set things right but I do wonder if some Ernalda temples have a few skeletons they would prefer weren't on public display.

Jarec