Re: Mahome

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:37:44 +0100

> From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
>Am I somehow taking the TR writeup too literally?
>
> -Adept

Maybe. A god-learner might distinguish between functional subcults and true subcults. Functional ones like Mastakos and Mahome are different deities that are commonly worshipped via a great deity (who acquired or allied those powers) and true ones are masks or facets of that great deity (Ohorlanth, Desemborth etc.). There are also some in-betweeny ones (Destor etc.) that are like big hero cults (minor gods and heroes who worshipped the great deity).

In practice the god-learner distinction is near-useless.

Subcult worship is possible, provided the time commitments overlap with an Orlanth/Ernalda aspect. So Mastakos is viable as a subcult because his rituals are so closely tied to those of Orlanth.

All just my opinion ...

Thom