Re: Berserk Kinslaying

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:06:19 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 stephen.royle_at_... wrote:

> If somebody under the influence of the berserk spell accidently kills a
> fellow clan member, would they have committed a crime, if so what would the
> normal punishment be.

Assuming we are talking about the Orlanthi...

Kinslaying is kinslaying. There are no mitigating circumstances. There are no punishments possible, since you can only punish clans, not individuals. If the two people were of different bloodlines, then splitting the clan may be possible, but that is not a move to take normally. If the act were genuinely accidental, the best course open would be to find a demon, trickster, or similar who could be blamed, and punish the scape-goat.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stableyard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net