Re: World changing heroquests

From: rmv1_at_...
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:02:30 -0000

[Michael Schwartz rants on God Learners and other social blunders.]
> To stop the Rape of Thed is to change the Birth of Wakboth into
> something unknown, and maybe unknowable, thereby bringing about
> the end of the world. Tea with the Gift Carriers, anyone?
One aspect I really enjoy about Glorantha is that everything, EVERYTHING, has repercussions. If you could stop the Rape of Thed, you would affect practically every other god, goddess, culture and kingdom known to the people of Maniria. Cultures as far away as the East Isles would abruptly change, in a way noone can predict. One of the Great Fears that many Gloranthans have is the unknown (just like us); look what the Syndics' Ban bred in Loskalm! And is such a short time!

Clearly, getting rid of the broos would be considered by some a great and noble deed, but it is also clearly a treatment of symptoms, not an end in itself. If you want to get rid of Chaos, there are better, more well-known ways to do it...

Roland