Agamemnon Vs Helen

From: Michael Beggs <aop13_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:32:11 -0000

David Boatright:

> > Wonderful Agamemnon v's Helen extended contest
> > [snip]
> >
> > I personnel would like to see more of this type of thing on the list
> > (not necessarily containing bared breasts). Double thumbs to
> > Mike, up or is that sickening fawning. Of course it will probably
>be
> > banished to the rules list.
>
>I find it highly interesting that you use the term "sickening fawning"
>is it the one you choose to describe the behavior of others with. I
>must wonder at your general tone and messages and the deliberate
>attempts to provoke. I believe such behavior has resulted in your
>being banned on other lists.
>
>If this list is so offensive to you, perhaps you might wish
>to confine your postings to openherowars, which I belive you moderate?
>Or are you seeking to provoke some sort of internet martyrdom here?
>
>Curiously,
>Jeff

I also wanted to thank Mike Dawson for this little piece - it has taught me more about the working of HW in one minute than many of the more mundane or clumsy examples I have read. I'd love to see more.

However is it really necessary to lambast Mr Boatright every time he makes a post - even one congratulating another writer? It is perfectly clear that he is *joking*, and made an ironic, off-the-cuff remark. Did it really merit such a reply?

Anyway, thanks again to Mike.

Michael