Re: Berserk Kinslaying

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:04:10 -0000

> Agreed. Kinslaying might be a matter for compensation *after* the
> event, as a crime, but kinslaying is a unique category, more than
> a crime a blasphemy against the Sacred order. See previous post.

Kinslaying cannot be a matter for compensation for who pays it and who is it paid to? There may be, in the case of one with a different breath - Uroxi and Humakti (the ones that are still kin), some case for compensation from the cult. But this does not heal the wound in the Cosmos, it is only financial compensation with no mythical healing attributes.

> I think that even 'accidental' kinslaying will have profound and
> long-term effects on the wyrd of the individual and his or her
> bloodline.

Absolutely - which is why I feel that, in the case of an 'accidental' kinslaying, a bloodline might well beggar itself to bring back the one that was killed and turn away the "bad-luck".

regards,
Charles