Re: Just a thought

From: bruce_at_...
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:25:48 -0000

"The only reason this clan is so peaceful is because WE'RE around to keep it that way." - Kestald Peacebringer, leader of the Lightning Tree clan Humakti.

> I think Peace clans might be a major source of those Humakti
huscarls
> and mercenaries we keep hearing about.

Well, a peace clan would have more Chalana Arroy types. So more chance for resurrections than a war clan (not that they're *that* common). If "resurrection sickness" can lead to people being drawn to Humakt, if follows that the peace clan might really have more Humakti. As you point out, though, they might not stick around.

> Raiding and war are the most likely ways to
> worship Humakt but I'm glad to see folks pointing out other ways.

Given their truth/oath related feats, I can see Humakti making interesting, if scary, "lawspeakers". The nearest Heortling equivalent to a private eye, perhaps? :)

Regards,

Bruce