Re: Just a thought

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:05:09 -0000

Most adults in western countries had to learn trigonometry in school. Take a random sample of adults and get them to try and calculate the sin of the angles of a triangle and see how many can still do it.

I would assume that the youths who go on to become warriors, if they spend hours up on the hills, were the ones mostly given make-work chores to keep them from disturbing the cows with all of their yelling, running around, and waving of sticks. Of course, there are exceptions. Those are the ones who took herding skills in their write up :)

Or to put it another way, they can harken back to their youthful experience, and use a skill of six. I would suggest that a Dara Happen city slicker would not have even that ability to keep the cows together.

--Bryan