Fitting In As Adventurers

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:49:03 -0800

At 11:09 AM 3/29/2001 -0000, you wrote:
>I've been wondering why player heros get given jobs of any
>importance. Starter characters, after all, are highly unlikely to be
>the best at any given job, with only 5W best skill. Naturally, not
>every job needs an expert, but why have a PC Lhankor Mhy judge a case
>when there MUST (Orlanthi must?) be a better lawspeaker around?

Sartar Rising! simply suggests that all player groups have a leader, with all the appropriate social connections and xw2 mastered skills. An active Narrator character may be needed, and it comes with instructions that Orlanthi leaders let their followers do the hard, dirty and most dangerous work.

Greg Stafford
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>